Saturday, January 12, 2008

Yeastie Beasties

This is how I ride!


My Mom says "when will all this stop?!" I also have a yeast infection in my mouth called thrush. My Mom noticed that my soother smelled & made her gag at my 4:30 am feed. It makes sense as it's been hard for me to take the bottle lately. The yeast causes a very sore mouth with a white coating over some areas with little buds... ick. And my Mom thought cleaning up the kitty's hairballs was bad! She now has to put medicine in my mouth four times a day for a week. I'm pretty sure I won't like it. My Mom, being the germaphobe that she is, will probably wash her hands raw now between soap & hand sanitizer! She will also be extra busy sterilizing all stuff that enters my mouth repeatedly.


On a more positive note, Mom also realized at 4:30 am this morning that I did not cry yesterday. She checked with Dad to make sure it was true. And it is! It may just be my first 'no cry' day since being home. I can assure you that it won't happen too often!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems to be one thing after another dear Alex. Yeast must run in the family, because your big cousin Kieran had it on his bum and in his mouth around your age too. Big hugs from the Prince George Yips, and hope to see you again before you are too big.