I can't believe I have been home for seven weeks now! It's great to have my hospital days behind me and be in my own home with my parents. I think it was a bit of a steep learning curve for Mom & Dad but now they have me figured out pretty well. Besides being sleep deprived, they are both handling parenthood great... not like I have anything to compare to!
I'm already 16 weeks old but Mom & Dad use my corrected age of 7 weeks to track my development. I do believe I'm pretty strong for my age; I can hold my head steady on my own, I follow objects, like Mom & Dad, from all angles and I can lift my head off the ground and turn it from side to side when I'm enjoying tummy time. My sense of hearing is pretty keen and I like to make noises when I'm happy (or sad!).
Christmas was a blur... I'll be more into it in a couple years! I look forward to playing with my toys & wearing the cool clothes I got when I'm able to. My Dad is quite excited with the extensive Montreal Canadiens wardrobe I received from Auntie Patricia! We had an amazing meal at Uncle Byron & Auntie Liping's house; it was my first outing besides doctors appointments. It was great to be out of the apartment & have some new stuff to look at. Mommy & Uncle Byron saw a real smile for the first time that evening! Daddy started seeing my smiles last week. Now, these a real smiles, not the ones I get from gas... which happens a lot.
Today I'm hanging out with Mommy while Daddy is out skiing. One day I'll be hitting the slopes with him. I enjoyed a relaxing bath this afternoon followed by a lovely nap. Now it's time to eat!

No comments:
Post a Comment